I know, I know, the community has lost a lot of enthusiasm lately; my fault partly, time constraints also, BUT HERE WE ARE.
So we're starting on an even playing field now:
So we're taking a break from normal events, and JANUARY HAS BECOME CHALLENGE MONTH
All writing challenges are non-compulsory BUT WILL EARN YOU POINTS.
These points will be converted into Free Passes!
and there will be an overall JANUARY WINNER, who will win prizes as they would in a normal round win.
For every ten points you earn, you gain a free pass!!!
Each individual challenge will have it's own rules, but they will all continue until 31st January! So you have plenty of time!
Just join in the competitions to gain!
IT'S ABOUT GETTING PEOPLE BACK INTO THE SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION, BACK INTO THE SWING OF WRITING. BACK INTO DIVA OFF.
HUZZAH, HUZZAH. FIRST CHALLENGE IS:
|Skin||Jesse St. James||Daytime TV||You're Electric, You Know You Light Up My World|
|Unexpected Visitor||Fireflies||Wine||Gender Swap|
|Supernatural||I'm Coming Up Only To Show You Wrong||Pen & Paper||Deep Breath|
|Blue||Drastic Makeover||First Time Ever I Saw Your Face||Sequins|
* SIXTEEN PROMPTS, ONE WHOLE MONTH.
(As with all the challenges for January, the end date is the 31st! 9:30pm GMT)
* Write a piece for any of these prompts and post them to your journal/community/whatever. Must be public. Link back to this post in a comment. YOU WILL NOT GET POINTS IF YOU DON'T.
0-200 words = 2 points
201-600 words = 5 points
601-800 words = 8 points
801+ words = 10 points
* You could just do one piece for the whole month, and use your time to complete other challenges. You could do one for every prompt. UP TO YOU.
* You can use more than one prompt to inspire you, but you will not get more points for doing so.
* You are more than welcome to write more than one piece for each prompt; that's perfectly fine.
* You will not get voted on quality, this particular challenge is more about what you can crank out! Getting you back into the rhythm of writing for a deadline and for a specific prompt.
* ANY QUESTIONS? ASK!
THANKS GUYS FOR BEING SO PATIENT. I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT UP TO YOU. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR LOTS MORE CHALLENGES THIS MONTH.
P.S. due to the lack of votes we had last round (literally two people voted), I am not going to eliminate anyone based on the results. But I will e-mail the small bits of feedback they got. Thanks.